A BIT OF WHATEV

Things that tickle me in one way or another!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Facebook Brings Old Park Slopers Back Together


In friday's NY times there was a great article about a facebook group called Thirty Something and Grew Up in Park Slope. I did not grow up there but I did spend a lot of time working and hanging there from the mid 1980's thru the 1990s and had a bunch of friends who grew up there and in brooklyn heights. I checked out the article (GREAT) and then the group on face book and of course instantly found old friends I had lost contact with. I guess I am writing about it 'cause I am totally obsessed with my past (I think I lived a lot of different lives over the years) and trying to find links to it thru the internet and pictures of it and people from it. I guess it's my way of dealing with growing old. Anyways- thru the NY times article I found my dear crazy friend Stephen Veal's brothers and sister and it made me really happy. Read the times article and check out the facebook group- tons of amazing pictures and stories. Good thing to do when the death of the community and the neighborhood is happening all around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home